Current Affairs with Legal Research &Analysis
1) Union Minister Jitendra Singh introduced the Indian Antarctic Bill, 2022, in the Lok Sabha with the objective to regulate and check any unlawful activity in the Indian research region of the Antarctic zone.
2) Maharashtra won The 21st National Para-Swimming Championship held at the Maharana Pratap Khel Gaon in Udaipur.
➠The tournament, which was jointly held by the Paralympic Committee of India (PCI) and Narayan Seva Sansthan, saw 306 male and 77 women compete in 14 categories.
▪️ Maharashtra :-
CM – Uddhav Thackeray
➨ Sanjay Gandhi (Borivali) National Park
➨ Tadoba National Park
➨Nawegaon National Park
➨Gugamal National Park
➨Chandoli National Park
3) In a major reshuffle, the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) appointed Arunachal Pradesh-Goa-Mizoram and Union Territory (AGMUT) cadre Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Neeraj Thakur as Director-General of Police Andaman and Nicobar.
4) The Healthcare Federation of India held its 8th Annual Summit on the theme, “Re-building, Re-structuring and Re-imagining resilient healthcare systems in India in a post-pandemic era.
5) The Central government has decided to increase the Dearness Allowance or DA by 3% for government employees. The DA has been hiked from 31% to 34%. The decision was taken in a cabinet meeting of the Union government.
6) Testimony to the world-class healthcare provided by the hospital, Medanta Gurugram, operated by Global Health Limited, has been ranked as the best private hospital in India for the third consecutive time in a global survey.
➠ Medanta is the only private hospital in India to feature in the top 150 of the World’s Best Hospitals 2022 survey list.
7) The Democratic Republic of Congo became the seventh country to join the East African Community.
➠The 90 million people in the Democratic Republic of Congo will be able to move freely and do business in six other African countries.
8) India’s leading UPS manufacturer and supplier, Numeric UPS won the ‘Most Trusted Brands of India’ 2022 award.
9) The Ministry of Defense (MoD) and Bharat Electronics Limited, Hyderabad have signed a contract for Instrumented Electronic Warfare Range (IEWR) for the Indian Air Force.
➠ The contract is a significant step towards enhancing the capabilities of IAF to prepare for future warfare.
▪️Indian Air Force:-
➨Founded – 8 October 1932
➨Headquarters – New Delhi
➨Commander-in-Chief – President Ram Nath Kovind
➨Chief of the Air Staff – Air Chief Marshal Vivek Ram Chaudhari
10) O N Gyani has taken over charge as the Director (Operations) in the Board of ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL) – the international petroleum company of India.
11) Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB) bagged the First Prize of the ‘National Water Awards-2022’.
➠Uttar Pradesh’s Muzaffarnagar district bagged the best award in North Zone in ‘Best District’ category while the second award went to Shaheed Bhagat Singh Nagar in Punjab.
▪️Uttar Pradesh :-
Governor – Smt. Anandiben Patel
➨Chandraprabha Wildlife Sanctuary
➨Dudhwa National Park
➨National Chambal Sanctuary
➨Govind Vallabh Pant Sagar Lake
➨Kashi Vishwanath Temple
12) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, a leading private general insurer and a digital-first company has launched the VAULT program.
➠ERGO is committed towards enhancing customer experience and making them feel valued.
13) The Naval contingent for the Republic Day Parade 2022 was presented the Best Marching Contingent Trophy by Admiral R Hari Kumar, Chief of Naval Staff.
➽ Indian Navy :-
➨Chief of the Navy Staff – Admiral R. Hari Kumar
➠Navy Day – 4 December
➠Founded – 26 January 1950
“FASTER” Digital Platform
FASTER’, an abbreviation of ‘Fast and Secured Transmission of Electronic Records’, a digital platform was formally launched by Chief Justice of India (CJI) N.V. Ramana.
The FASTER system proposes transmission of e-authenticated copies of the interim orders, stay orders, bail orders and record of proceedings to the duty-holders for compliance and due execution, through a secured electronic communication channel.
Aid the cause of quick and effortless justice.
The timely delivery of the court’s orders to the authorities would also prevent unnecessary arrests and custody of people who have already been granted anticipatory bail.
For smooth transmission of court’s orders and effective implementation of Article 21, Right to Life, such a system was the need of the hour.